The REAL SCHOOL OF ART IS HERE!
IT IS THE DEFINITIVE INTRODUCTION TO A SUCCESSFUL ART CARER AS A LIBERATED CREATIVE!
SCROLL DOWN for course outlines
This school is much more than a conventional art school: it’ll support your creative unfolding, help you get into a sustainable career path, keep you on track for a truly vibrant and super-fulfilling creative lifestyle …and shedloads more.
The RSOA so far contains 2 intro courses, and 5 school courses, each with 10 – 16 video lessons and worksheets.
It’s presented in easily-digestible, bite-sized pieces with simple tasks and questions to guide you into your unique creative life and work.
the RSOA will open a gateway into
your immense artistic potential
THE RSOA courses:
- Art chat: What is creativity? and what is an artist, really?!
- Art chat: So, what’s the point of art?
- Art chat: Why is creativity so vital in today’s world?
- Art chat: What is the R.S.O.A. – and what can it teach me?
- Art chat: Who the heck are you/ how are you qualified to transmit this knowledge?!
- Art chat: I don’t do painting; will the RSOA still be useful to me?
- Art lesson: Prepping surfaces
- Art lesson: Starting a painting
- Art lesson: But what should I paint?!
- Art lesson: Getting started with oil paint
- Art chat: Presenting your art
- Art chat: Seizing the moment!
- ART CRITICISM – worksheet on art criticism
- ‘I CAN’T DO IT’ – worksheet on YOU CAN and WILL do it!!
- DIMINISHED FEMININE – worksheet on where the feminine connects us with intuition and creativity
- ART = CHAOS – worksheet on the difference between contained and non-contained chaos!
- ‘I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR THIS’ – worksheet on making time!
- ART DEGREES – worksheet on what art really is – NOT something which can be taught
- SUFFERING/ SLAVE-DRIVING – worksheet on occupying the sacred king or queen
- EXHIBITIONISM – worksheet on being introvert or extrovert, and making art a career
- PRIVILEGE – worksheet on privileged or not, here we come!
- MULTI-TASKING – worksheet on multi-tasking – within reason!
- Child’s play
- Starting small
- Growing confidence
- Ego and the death of creative flow
- The physical space.
- Working to a budget
- Ritual and domestic alchemy
- Making a space special and sacred
- Being realistic
- Working through resistance
- Keeping open
2. shape and shading
5. texture and detail
6. outside painting
7. painting what you love versus what you hate!
12. mixing palettes
13. thinners checklist on thinners
14. hard surfaces
15. less-hard surfaces
16. found materials and experimenting
2. allowing chaos to reign
3. reining-in chaos
4. more formal approaches
5. practise by doing
8. drying oil paint
11. how much should I paint on this/ when is it finished?
12. re-painting an old painting
13. copying – but only for learning – and/ or adapting it to your style!
3. internal negativity
4. external negativity
6. being totally unique
7. wilderness, silence, solitude
8. waking up!
9. right season
11. mistakes + finishing things imperfectly
12. clearing out stagnancy
13. knowing what skills you need to improve
1. criticism -family and friends
2. criticism – peers
3. criticism – galleries and institutions
4. criticism – press and professionals
5. nourishment – food
6. nourishment – exposure to visual nourishment
7. nourishment – deeper, soul stimulation
8. nourishment – professional napping
9. finishing off a painting
10. storing artwork
11. finding place and purpose in the world
12. shipping, etc
As my Patreon patron, you can also see snippets and excerpts from all my creative outpourings, including the Real School of Art as it evolves.
Any Qs at all about the RSOA: just pop a message to me here: